[freetds] exporting data from ODBC to mysql

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Tue May 20 11:39:27 EDT 2003

The smart thing is not to try, Scott, if copying a table is what you're
really after.  You can use freebcp to extract the contents of a table (or
view) to a file, and a parallel utility on MySQL to load it.

If you need to do this under program control, then, yes, you'll need your
perl script or something like it.  The DBD::ODBC and MySQL resources would
be more helpful than this list, though.  Broad ODBC questions are a bit off
topic here.  :-)