[freetds] iconv

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Thu May 15 12:50:08 EDT 2003

Hi Patrick,

You shouldn't need iconv to use FreeTDS.  That's an accidental state of
affairs.  I don't think your fix is a cheat; I think it's correct.
Something like

#ifndef iconv_t
	typedef void* iconv_t;
#endif

in tdsiconv.h seems perfectly valid to me.  We want to pass iconv_t handles
to functions e.g. tds_iconv_fread(), and we want tds_iconv() to work in the
absence of iconv.

Thanks for the report.