[freetds] iconv

Patrick Welche prlw1 at newn.cam.ac.uk
Thu May 15 11:51:34 EDT 2003

With fresh cvs code, I get:

In file included from mem.c:39:
../../include/tdsiconv.h:53: parse error before `cd'
../../include/tdsiconv.h:53: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype

essentially because tdsiconv.h uses iconv_t. I don't have libiconv installed,
so configure quite rightly doesn't define HAVE_ICONV. So, is iconv required
for freetds? If so, then maybe a note in README or INSTALL, else it's time
to put some cunning HAVE_ICONVs about the place.. (I cheated and added
typedef void* iconv_t;
to tdsiconv.h but got many warnings compiling iconv.c - I don't thing config.h
is included in it either...)

Cheers,

Patrick