[freetds] 0.61 tsql core dump, locale = "C C C C C C"

ZIGLIO Frediano Frediano.Ziglio at mail.vodafone.it
Thu May 15 10:56:09 EDT 2003

> > What's sizeof(socklen_t) and sizeof(size_t) ??
> Both have size 8.
> - Dan.

The warning occur on accept call

Manual (http://docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/onlinedocs.py?mpn=B2355-90682&service=hpux&path=../B2355-90682/00/00/6&title=HP-UX%20Reference%20Volume%203%3A%20Sections%202%20and%204) say

   int accept(int s, void *addr, int *addrlen);

   _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED only (UNIX 98)

   int accept(int s, struct sockaddr *addr, socklen_t *addrlen);

   Obsolescent _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED only (UNIX 95)

   int accept(int s, struct sockaddr *addr, size_t *addrlen);

The conversion from long* to int* suggest that we should define _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED somewhere for HP/UX...

Add a "#define _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED" to config.h and try recompile. Warning should disappear...
However I don't understand... I a program call int* (32bit pointer) it call the same function of size_t*/socklen_t* (64bit pointer) version ?? It seem a header bug to me... Is HP/UX little endian or big endian ???