[freetds] segmentation fault when using freetds 0.61 with apa che 1.3.27 + mod_auth_tds 1.1

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Wed May 14 11:10:47 EDT 2003

Shilpa, I'm sorry to say that 0.61 will not reliably convert to UTF-8.
We're working feverishly to support UTF-8 clients and are making real
progress.  If you'd like to join the alpha test club, please download the
latest nightly snapshot.

As you're using Sybase, perhaps you can configure your client for
ISO-8859-1?  The 0.61 release will handle that.