[freetds] 0.61 tsql core dump, locale = "C C C C C C"

ZIGLIO Frediano Frediano.Ziglio at mail.vodafone.it
Wed May 14 10:22:07 EDT 2003

Hi Dan!

> This email got stopped because it was too big with config.log
> attached, so
> I'm re-posting it with the config.log file gzip'd to make it
> smaller. (I was
> requested to post this file.)

Tnx

Now --enable-threadsafe is enabled by default...

> These are the remaining warnings I get when I do the make:
> cpp: "convert.c", line 2650: warning 2013: Unknown
> preprocessing directive.
> (Interestingly, I don't see a preprocessor directive at that
> line number.)

Very strange...

> libtool: link: warning: this platform does not like uninstalled shared
> libraries
> libtool: link: `tsql' will be relinked during installation
> That occurs a few times.
>         cc: "login.c", line 90: warning 728: Argument #3
> converts long* to
> int*.
>         cc: "user.c", line 76: warning 728: Argument #3
> converts long* to
> int*.

These are severe errors !!!
Using 64 bit compiler long is 64 bit while int is only 32...
There are some login.c file. What directory?

> When I do "make install", I still get the following error:
>
>         /usr/bin/sh ./mkinstalldirs
>         if test ! -f /freetds.conf; then \
>                  ./freetds.conf /freetds.conf; \
>         fi
> sh[2]: ./freetds.conf: Execute permission denied.
> *** Error exit code 126

Strange. On my Linux machine "cat Makefile | grep INSTALL_DATA" command return:

INSTALL_DATA = ${INSTALL} -m 644
INSTALL_HEADER = $(INSTALL_DATA)
                $(INSTALL_DATA) $(srcdir)/freetds.conf $(ETC)/freetds.conf; \
                $(INSTALL_DATA) $(srcdir)/locales.conf $(ETC)/locales.conf; \

$ cat Makefile | grep ^INSTALL
INSTALL = /usr/bin/install -c
INSTALL_PROGRAM = ${INSTALL}
INSTALL_DATA = ${INSTALL} -m 644
INSTALL_SCRIPT = ${INSTALL}
INSTALL_HEADER = $(INSTALL_DATA)
INSTALL_STRIP_PROGRAM = ${SHELL} $(install_sh) -c -s

> Running "tsql" still shows the strange locale value.

It's strange but is what setlocale(LC_ALL,"") return...
I'm doing some more tests and fix for HP/UX and charset...