[freetds] status and stability

Mark J. Lilback mark at lilback.com
Tue May 13 21:00:23 EDT 2003

>Problem with HP/UX and Max OS X (Linux work, others not tested) is
>charset names. Mac OS X recognize ISO8859-1 but not ISO-8859-1. HP/UX

I'm working on a replacement iconv that takes gnu iconv names and
does all the appropriate mappings using the built-in Text Encoding
Converter. The main issue is that the mac apis want to work on large
chunks, where the iconv api can theoretically be called a byte at a
time.

Right now it handles UCS2-LE -> anything. I'll fool around with it a
bit more tonight during 24 and see if I can get other conversions
working. The real issue has to due with BOMs -- the mac won't work
with little endian order without a BOM, and iconv and MS don't seem
to require them.