[freetds] select bug...

Frediano Ziglio freddyz77 at tin.it
Mon May 12 15:23:15 EDT 2003

Il lun, 2003-05-12 alle 19:36, Spyros Ioakim ha scritto:
> First of all I see you have realised what the problem is.
> It is exactly as you describe.
>
> I looked at my log file and indeed wherever there is a greek character
> it is represented by a greek character.
> That is the greek letter "Pi" is not converted to english "P".
> What I'm saying is that the greek letters are not converted in the log
> in any way.
>
> My locale is all english:
> LANG=en_US
> LC_CTYPE="en_US"
> LC_NUMERIC="en_US"
> LC_TIME="en_US"
> LC_COLLATE="en_US"
> LC_MONETARY="en_US"
> LC_MESSAGES="en_US"
> LC_PAPER="en_US"
> LC_NAME="en_US"
> LC_ADDRESS="en_US"
> LC_TELEPHONE="en_US"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US"
> LC_ALL=
>
> Let me know if I can help with anything more.
>
> Best Regards,
> Spyros

Sorry but I don't follow you... In English you can't represent a greek
character like "Pi" so you can't do a query using greek with this
settings... So you should change client charset (ISO-8859-7 ?? Try UTF-8
if your system support it...).

A good idea should be use a sniffer to see query from query analizer...
- use a temporary account (so you don't use secret password)
- open your sniffer (I use ethereal from www.ethereal.com, it's free)
- capture mssql traffic ("port 1433" with ethereal)
- do select with query analizer
- stop capture
- save capture
- send it (best privately to James and me, capture contain ip and other
informations...)