[freetds] 0.61 tsql core dump, locale = "C C C C C C"

ZIGLIO Frediano Frediano.Ziglio at vodafoneomnitel.it
Fri May 9 05:01:53 EDT 2003

> I don't seem to have TDSDUMPCONFIG set in my environment. At least,
> 	env | grep TDS
> doesn't show anything. Is there some other way this
> functionality could be
> turned on?
>
> I am indeed on a 64-bit architecture.
>
> I haven't used gdb for years, but I gave it a try. Here's
> what I got. First,
> after running, it gave:
>
> Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
> 0x800003ffff6c2fc4 in __getpwuid_r_posix () from /lib/pa20_64/libc.2

Are you using HP/UX 11??
This seem a known problem of FreeTDS 0.61.
This is fixed in CVS.
It's caused but wrong detection of getpwuid_r.
I merged the patch in 0.61 branch.
Replacing acinclude.m4 (attacched), reconfiguring and rebuild should fix our problem

freddy77

PS: James, can you repack 0.61 version on web ?