[freetds] SP Syntax error using freeTDS and UnixODBC on Linux

Rogers, Tom tom.rogers at ccur.com
Thu May 8 09:16:12 EDT 2003

Okay,I did get the SP to run without causing a syntax error by removing
whitespace, but now, return codes and output params are not coming back,
which was the original problem I was trying to fix.

The SP in question is on a MSSQL 7.0 server, we are using freetds 0.61,
tdsver=7.0.  The SP returns no records, and has no rowcounts being returned.
Additionally, we are call SQLMoreResults() until we get SQL_NO_DATA to make
sure there are no recs or diag recs.

Do output params work?  Do we need a patch?  I saw some issues with the TDS
implementation by MSFT for SQL 7.0 stated in this archives?  Will this work?

Thomas Rogers
System Engineer
Concurrent Computer Corporation