[freetds] [ freetds-Patches-731907]Choosingdatalengthwhenbindingfixed types

Arnar Birgisson arnarb at oddi.is
Tue May 6 07:20:41 EDT 2003

Hello there..

> 1.  Copy tds_set_column_type to a new function, say,
> tds_set_param_type
> 2.  Remove tds_get_cardinal_type() from tds_set_param_type (just use
> 'type')
> 3.  Modify param_info_alloc to call tds_set_param_type()

I did exactly this. After making this small change to the client (in
this case php):
-#define SQLVARCHAR SYBVARCHAR
+#define SQLVARCHAR XSYBVARCHAR

this worked perfectly. I haven't tried it extensively, but I ran a
procedure which silently accepted a varchar field with well over 400
characters.

The patch is attached.

Arnar

ps. I'm having some problems with cvs.freetds.sourceforge.net, every
other attempt to connect fails with "cvs: recv() from server
cvs.freetds.sourceforge.net: EOF", am I the only one experiencing this
(this is through pserver)?