[freetds] tdsstring.c ansi alias problem

Craig A. Berry craigberry at mac.com
Tue May 6 01:40:33 EDT 2003

At 5:54 PM +0200 5/5/03, ZIGLIO Frediano wrote:
>If "*(char **) s = src;" is not OK perhaps it's a priority problem... *((char**)s) = src should work better.

That's not the issue at all.  The standard says that the compiler may safely assume two items are in different storage locations if their data types are different.  Here you are trying to make the same storage location have two different types.

I still don't see why the function just doesn't do:

   return (DSTR) *src;

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry at mac.com

 difficult than getting in."