[freetds] (no subject)

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Tue May 6 00:49:10 EDT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003 23:19:56 -0500, "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry at mac.com>
wrote:
> At 8:07 AM -0400 5/5/03, James K. Lowden wrote:
> >
> >P.S.  If VMS doesn't have strncpy(), please consider adding one to
> >src/replacements.
>
> It's had strncpy() for something like 15-20 years (it'd take actual work
> to be more precise).

Silly of me.  I should have known.  I never wrote C for the VAX, but I did
port one application, and as I recall DEC had a fine C implementation.
They also had a really good source code browser (scs?) with its own query
language.  It was cscope on steriods: You could get a list of which
functions wrote to a member of a structure, things like that.  Wonderful
system.  Too bad it's going to be sealed up in a basement somewhere when
Digital's technology joins the great bit bucket in the sky....