[freetds] [ freetds-Patches-731907 ]Choosingdatalengthwhenbindingfixed types

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Mon May 5 22:28:02 EDT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003 13:04:42 -0000, "Arnar Birgisson" <arnarb at oddi.is>
wrote:

> > 27 04 04... FreeTDS it's trying to use old varchar (limited
> > to 255), this is the problem...
>
> Can it be fixed? If you point me in the right direction I might be able
> to figure it out.

dbrpcsend:

calls 	param_info_alloc
calls		tds_set_column_type
calls			tds_get_cardinal_type

tds_get_cardinal_type() is the problem.

You may with to try this:

1.  Copy tds_set_column_type to a new function, say, tds_set_param_type
2.  Remove tds_get_cardinal_type() from tds_set_param_type (just use
'type')
3.  Modify param_info_alloc to call tds_set_param_type()

That would be a useful experiment.

If that works, I would be pleased to apply your patch.  :-)

Regards,