[freetds] data and net

Frediano Ziglio freddyz77 at tin.it
Mon May 5 17:19:34 EDT 2003

I think libTDS is grown too much and we should split it a bit...
My intention is to separate data and net in different modules (data.c
and net.c). net.c should handle low level connect/read/write operations
(not packet level, only wire level). This make easier a possible network
extension (like supporting named pipes).
data.c should handle read/write of data (like tds_get_data,
tds_put_data, tds_get_data_char and so on).

A note on header. Recent changes bring some internal iconv declaration
in tds.h but we separated time ago iconv stuff in tdsiconv.h. Should we
rejoin the two header?