[freetds] sqsh and freetds: link error

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Mon May 5 07:21:55 EDT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003 17:56:50 +0800 , Anthony Kong <anthony.kong at ufjia.com>
wrote:

> I am sorry if sqsh is not supposed to be covered in this forum. But I
> have nowhere to turn to :-)

sqsh is assuredly on topic here, if linked to FreeTDS.  I recently was
given access to its CVS tree, and intend to update the distribution when
our character set maelstrom settles down.

> I have download the freetds0.62 source and compiled it. I have used make
> install to install the package. tsql runs beautifully. Very solid work.

	:-)

> Now, as advised in some document in tds, I donwload the sqsh source and
> try to build it.
>
> I have export SYBASE=/usr/src/freetds-0.61 (the location where I have
> put the source code. I did that because if otherwise, the configure
> script will complaint about the missing header files)

You should point SYBASE to your FreeTDS PREFIX.  If you didn't set
--prefix when you ran ./configure, then "export SYBASE=/usr/local".

To make the configure script find your header files, add
"-I/usr/local/include" or somesuch to your CFLAGS.

The link may still fail, due to a reference to a library provided by
Sybase but not by FreeTDS.  That's the impetus for me to update the
distribution.

Let us know how you make out, so to speak.