[freetds] request to implement dbmorecmds for dblib

Bill Stewart bstewart at verio.net
Thu May 1 14:28:57 EDT 2003

James,

Lowden, James K wrote:
> [...]

I'll work on this. Thanks for the explaination. Hope this didn't suck up
too much time. I think we use dbmorecmds here in our scripts in a
strange and maybe not all together proper manner. I should have been
less focused on that and more on the proper documents.

> I wrote our dbmorecmd() conformant to that description.  If the above code
> runs when linked with either vendor's library, let me know and maybe we can
> establish empirically what they're doing.  Else you need a loop more like:
>
> 	if( dbresults(dbproc) == SUCCEED ) {
> 		do {
> 			while( dbnextrow(dbproc) != NO_MORE_ROWS.);
> 		} while( dbmorecmds(dbproc) == SUCCEED )
> 	}
>
> Recommend you grab a more recent snapshot and modify the test.  It will be
> in tomorrow's snapshot as src/dblib/unittests/dbmorecmds.c.

Will do.

> BTW, the query "select count(*) from #dblib0024 order by i" won't run on a
> Microsoft server because 'i' isn't in the select list.  Apart from that,
> it's a bit odd, ordering one row.  Were you trying to induce some particular
> behavior?

Oops. I missed the removal of this, I copied from one of the other test
programs, there should be no order by clause here. Sorry for that.

> Using current CVS, 3 other dblib unit test also fail, complaining about
> pending results.  So there may be protocol or state management issues
> lurking, too.  I don't know yet.

Ok. Well I obviously need to get the basic test working properly first
regardless of this issue.

Thanks again,
Bill