[freetds] FreeTDS & PEAR's db.php library

Frank M. Kromann frank at kromann.info
Mon Apr 21 19:04:11 EDT 2003

Perhaps a late answer ?

PHP has support for two extensions (MSSQL and Sybase) both extensions can
be compiled against FreeTDS, mand both extensions exposes mssql_* function
names.

In the case of the Sybase extension these names are generated as aliases
for the sybase_* functions. The "native" MSSQL extension includes
additional functions (batch selects and stored procedures). These php
documentation pages lists the differences.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mssql.php
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.sybase.php

Depending on how you compile php it will require a mssql.so fil to use the
mssql_* functions. This file should be copied to the correct extensions
folder (during the make install process or manually).

- Frank