[freetds] using stored procedures with PHP 4.3.1 and FreeTDS 0.61 (more info)

Jones jones_mb at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 15:16:32 EDT 2003

This is a follow-up to my previous message.

When I run the strings command on the php_sybase_ct.o library in
ext/sybase_ct/, I noticed that it had most of the mssql_* functions.
However it didn't have any of the ones required for running stored
procedures.  In the ext/mssql/ folder, I saw that the php_mssql.c
file in there has the functions for stored procedures.

The configure parameters I used for PHP included
"--with-sybase-ct=shared,/usr".  Is there something else I must
include so it will build the stored procedure functions in the
php_mssql.c file?

I posted my previous message as a response to a thread, so your mail
client may add it to the end of another non-related thread.  I am
repeating the text of that post below.  Apologies to the owner of
that other thread for attempting to "hijack" his/her thread.

---- begin original message ----

I am trying to access stored procedures in MS SQL 2000 using PHP and
FreeTDS.  PHP is 4.3.1 and TDS is version 0.61.  This is being done
on a Linux system (debian distribution).

When I call mssql_init, I get the error message "Fatal error :  Call
to undefined function:  mssql_init() in /www/turnstrends/test.php on
line 27".   The same happens with mssql_execute.  According to
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mssql-init.php, mssql_init is
supported from PHP 4.1 onwards.

I am able to connect to the database and run queries using the other
mssql_* functions.  So far it looks like only stored procedures fail.
 From other posts I have seen in the archives, I was under the
impression that I can use stored procedures.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do to solve this problem?

---- end original message ----

thanks
jmb