[freetds] using mssql_init with PHP 4.3.1 and FreeTDS 0.61

Jones jones_mb at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 04:25:31 EDT 2003

I am trying to access stored procedures in MS SQL 2000 using PHP and
FreeTDS.  PHP is 4.3.1 and TDS is version 0.61.  This is being done
on a Linux system (debian distribution).

When I call mssql_init, I get the error message "Fatal error :  Call
to undefined function:  mssql_init() in /www/turnstrends/test.php on
line 27".   The same happens with mssql_execute.  According to
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mssql-init.php, mssql_init is
supported from PHP 4.1 onwards.

I am able to connect to the database and run queries using the other
mssql_* functions.  So far it looks like only stored procedures fail.
 From other posts I have seen in the archives, I was under the
impression that I can use stored procedures.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do to solve this problem?

thanks
jmb