[freetds] unixODBC failing to connect.

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Tue Apr 15 16:50:13 EDT 2003

In trying to illustrate how the odbc.ini, freetds.conf, and network
interact, I wonder if this query is any help?  Logically, this is what's
going on, and, after all,  we *are* a database project.

1> create table #odbc( dsn varchar(20), Servername varchar(20))
2> create table #freetds( servername varchar(20), host varchar(20))
3> create table #network( hostname varchar(20), address varchar(20))
4> go
1> insert #odbc values( 'MyDSN', 'MyServer')
2> insert #freetds values( 'MyServer', 'box.foo.bar')
3> insert #network values( 'box.foo.bar', '10.80.48.54')
4> go
1> select dsn, servername, address
2> from #odbc o join #freetds f on Servername = servername
3> join #network n on host = hostname
4> go
 dsn                  servername           address
 MyDSN                MyServer             10.80.48.54

(1 row affected)

named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
out such orders and/or instructions.