[freetds] Re: [ freetds-Patches-716340 ] distribute VMS-specific files

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Mon Apr 14 23:53:59 EDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:20:57 -0500, "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry at mac.com>
wrote:
> At 8:45 AM -0700 4/13/03, Freddy (via SourceForge.net) wrote:
>
> >It turned out that the patch wasn't necessary; all that was
> >required was to add "vms" to EXTRA_DISTS", which I did.
> >
> >VMS files should be included in the distribution from now on.
>
> And I can confirm that they are, thanks.  I do notice that vms/CVS
> gets included in the distribution as well, which doesn't happen with
> the other directories.  Not a big deal, but would the vms/Makefile.am
> that was part of the patch have prevented this by only selecting the
> files specified in EXTRA_DIST?

No, vms/Makefile.am got seriously in the way.  :(  The autotools get a bit
confused by a makefile that didn't want to make anything.  Maybe there's a
way out (there usually is) but this way was simple.

I didn't think about the CVS files; adding "vms" to the list of
EXTRA_DISTS was just too easy.  Otherwise the files to include have to be
enumerated.  If they cause you grief, we'll do something.