[freetds] FreeTDS (CVS version) hangs on reading column data larger than 256 bytes

Chad Wagner vdr781 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 21:42:54 EDT 2003

--- "James K. Lowden" <jklowden at schemamania.org>
wrote:
> Please tell us about anything else you find.  I'm
> gaining confidence that
> we're now once more able to handle server-side UCS-2

The only other thing I found, was that when UCS-2LE
fails for a iconv conversion the login loops
continously.  It took me a little while (tracing
through the application) to figure out that my iconv
library was so old that it didn't support UCS-2LE.

So, possibly, a check in configure for ability to
convert from UCS-2LE to ISO-8859-1 (or local charset?)
should be done.

tds_iconv_open() would need to probably communicate
back some sort of error conditions.  I am just not
familiar enough with the internals, yet, to understand
how errors are communicated back to application
layers.  I only learn more about the low level
packet/communication as I encounter or investigate
problems.