[freetds] one more questions

Victor Gamov vit at lipetsk.ru
Thu Apr 10 13:05:00 EDT 2003

Michael Peppler wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 03:34, Victor Gamov wrote:
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>I have one more questions about FreeTDS and DBD::Sybase.
>>
>>My DBD:Sybase-0.94 does not work with freetds-0.61. I have "Segmentation
>>fault" when connect to DB. Yes I can upgrade to 0.99 but I must upgrade
>>Perl in this situation too.
>
> Actually the latest is 1.00.
>
> And why do you need to upgrade perl as well? Which version of perl do
> you have?

I use perl-5.005_03 on FreeBSD box. But I was wrong when I say that it
need to perl upgrade. I must do it to use DBI later 1.34

>>And one more question :-)  When I use "USE dbname" to check database
>>connectivity and DB connect is dead (freetds says about it) I haven't
>>got raise from driver. Is it correct?
>
> Probably not - although that may depend on how you make that call.

$dbh = DBI->connect(DBI:Sybase:dbhost, user, pass, {RaiseErro=>1,
PrintError=>1})
$dbh->do("USE dbname");

connect() is OK. Then I kill this connection on server side and do()
method does not throught exception.