[freetds] one more questions

Victor Gamov vit at lipetsk.ru
Thu Apr 10 06:34:31 EDT 2003

Hi!

I have one more questions about FreeTDS and DBD::Sybase.

My DBD:Sybase-0.94 does not work with freetds-0.61. I have "Segmentation
fault" when connect to DB. Yes I can upgrade to 0.99 but I must upgrade
Perl in this situation too.

Another question -- does ping() method work properly?  When I kill
connection on M$ SQL side it still return 1 but FreeTDS-0.60 (with my
putches to use properly return code in write.c and query.c) return
"Broken pipe".

And one more question :-)  When I use "USE dbname" to check database
connectivity and DB connect is dead (freetds says about it) I haven't
got raise from driver. Is it correct?

If it needed I can post more debug information about all this situations
(DBI->trace(4) and other)

Thanks.