[freetds] Argue with the compiler?

Hirsch, Jonathan jonathan.hirsch at gs.com
Wed Apr 9 16:09:55 EDT 2003

Hi,

I can't see anything that looks like an error earlier up in the output file.
I do see this. The thing is I don't know where to look. Is there a string I
should be searching for? I have done searches on conftest.c and many others.
I don't see any indication of a target directory where it tries to write to
and then fails. Or anything else weird for that matter. Any help suggesting
what I should be looking for in the top section of the output would be
appreciated. I know that this isn't a permissions problem because I would
have seen the permission denied error if I was not able to write out a file
in the output log created with sh -x.

Take care,

Jon

(5916) # ./configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /opt/gnu/bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.6
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.6
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... cat: cannot open conftest.c
check `config.log' for details.

## ----------- ##
## confdefs.h. ##
## ----------- ##

#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
#define PACKAGE_NAME ""
#define PACKAGE_STRING ""
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""

configure: exit 0
configure:1296: checking for a BSD-compatible install
configure:1350: result: /opt/gnu/bin/install -c
configure:1361: checking whether build environment is sane

## ----------- ##
## confdefs.h. ##
## ----------- ##
_ASBOX
      echo
      sed "/^$/d" confdefs.h | sort
      echo
    fi
    test "$ac_signal" != 0 &&
      echo "$as_me: caught signal $ac_signal"
    echo "$as_me: exit $exit_status"
  } >&5
  rm -f core core.* *.core &&
  rm -rf conftest* confdefs* conf$$* $ac_clean_files &&
    exit $exit_status
      0
+ trap ac_signal=1; { (exit 1); exit 1; } 1
+ trap ac_signal=2; { (exit 1); exit 1; } 2
+ trap ac_signal=13; { (exit 1); exit 1; } 13
+ trap ac_signal=15; { (exit 1); exit 1; } 15
+ ac_signal=0
+ rm -rf conftest* confdefs.h
+ echo
+ cat
+ cat
+ cat
+ cat
+ cat
+ test -z
+ test xNONE != xNONE
+ CONFIG_SITE=/usr/local/share/config.site /usr/local/etc/config.site
+ test -r /usr/local/share/config.site
+ test -r /usr/local/etc/config.site
+ test -r /dev/null
+ test -f /dev/null
+ ac_cache_corrupted=false
++ sed -n s/^ac_env_\([a-zA-Z_0-9]*\)_set=.*/\1/p
+ eval ac_old_set=$ac_cv_env_CC_set
++ ac_old_set=set
+ eval ac_new_set=$ac_env_CC_set
++ ac_new_set=set