[freetds] Argue with the compiler?

Hirsch, Jonathan jonathan.hirsch at gs.com
Wed Apr 9 13:18:20 EDT 2003

No the file system is local. It's not NFS mounted . I can write there when
logged in normally. I'm running the configure script as root.

(5874) # /bin/pwd
/export/opt3/tempinst/freetds-0.61

(5875) # df -k
Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/dsk/c0t4d0s4    4127190 3528962  556957    87%    /export/opt3

Further suggestions to run sh -x ./configure have produced a large output
file. From that I really still cannot see what configure is doing.
How can I make sure that I am setting _FREETDS_LIBRARY_SOURCE  variable on
the way in ?

....from the output file...

+ echo configure:2085: checking for C compiler default output
+ echo -n checking for C compiler default output...
checking for C compiler default output... ++ echo $CC -o conftest$ac_exeext
$CFL
AGS $CPPFLAGS $LDFLAGS conftest.$ac_ext $LIBS >&5
+ eval echo configure:2122: "$CC $CFLAGS $CPPFLAGS $LDFLAGS conftest.$ac_ext
$LI
BS >&5"
++ echo configure:2122: /opt/bin/gcc   -D_FREETDS_LIBRARY_SOURCE  conftest.c
>&
5
++ exit_status=0
++ echo
+ echo configure: failed program was:
+ cat conftest.c
cat: conftest.c: No such file or directory
+ echo configure:2122: error: C compiler cannot create executables
check `config.log' for details.
+ echo configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
check `config.log' for details.
check `config.log' for details.
+ exit 77
+ exit_status=77