[freetds] Re:Sample C Program

Venky Karuppur venkykc at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 08:48:26 EST 2003

Thanks for the reply Swapna.. I still have this nls problem but this is not
something major.. What I have now! is the parser(src/tds/config.c) doesn't
appear to work properly on Sco platform.. I tried to dump what's been parsed
(in function tds_parse_conf_section in src/tds/config.c) and it seems to be
printing out the values which wre hashed out and for the hostname it comes
with an additional newline
so for ex:  option = 'host' value = 'node1 <NewLine>').. Because of this it
fails at gethostbyname_r function. I tried to hardcode the value to the
gethostbyname_r function but still fails at a different point (at
inet_ntoa(hostname) inside src/tds/login.c). I tried writing a small socket
routine to test the platform and it works fine!. Any ideas?

Thanks
Venky