FreeTDS under VMS

Bob Kline bkline at rksystems.com
Tue Sep 26 19:10:03 EDT 2000

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Ruslan R. Laishev wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> 	I wrote "ISQL-like" progs for test purpose, I suspect that it
> will be more useful than t0001.c or t0002.c from distribution kit.
> :-) For VMS users descrip.mms is provided.
>
> 	I removed VMS specific stuff, and this progs supposed to be
> portable to *ix platform.
>
> 	http://www.dls.net/~laishev/

Thanks.  If you really want it to be useful beyond your own environment,
you might want to consider the following enhancements:

 1. Add a makefile
 2. Lowercase the filenames (to match the #include statements; VMS
    isn't case-sensitive, but *n*x is)
 3. Pack up the source into a single (possibly compressed) archive.
 4. Echo a usage statement instead of dumping core when the expected
    environment variables are not set.
 5. Add a README file.

--
Bob Kline