TdsConfused error

Terrance Davis tdavis at emware.com
Mon Aug 21 19:16:41 EDT 2000

I'm trying to retrieve multiple ResultSets from a stored proc in MS SQL
Server 7.0 but keep getting:

Error: Protocol confusion- Was expecting an end of results token.  Found a
0xa0
java.sql.SQLException: Protocol confusion- Was expecting an end of results
token.  Found a 0xa0
        at
com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.ResultSet_base.close(ResultSet_base.java:190)
        at
com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Statement.closeResults(Statement.java:174)
        at com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Statement.getMoreResults(Statement.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
com.emWare.webApps.waterBaby.beans.WaterBabyUser.login(WaterBabyUser.java:59
)
        at TestWWB.doTest(TestWWB.java:32)
        at TestWWB.doGet(TestWWB.java:25)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:103)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:84)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.AbstractRequest.service(AbstractRequest.java:450)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.AbstractRequest.service(AbstractRequest.java:393)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.PageCache$Entry.service(PageCache.java:252)
        at com.caucho.server.http.PageCache.service(PageCache.java:103)
        at com.caucho.server.http.VirtualHost.service(VirtualHost.java:394)
        at com.caucho.server.http.Request.dispatch(Request.java:210)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleRequest(RunnerRequest.java:302)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleConnection(RunnerRequest.java,
Compiled Code)
        at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java, Compiled
Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

I've had the Database Programmer checking his code, and I've messed with my
java code, but this seems more and more like a bug in the FreeTDS JDBC
Driver. Has anyone had a similar problem?

All I really want to do is get return codes from a stored proc.

tdavis at emware.com