via PHP to Microsoft SQL Server V7.0

Bill Tutt rassilon at list.org
Fri Jan 21 15:39:37 EST 2000

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Brian Bruns wrote:

> I don't know much about domain auth frankly...Anyone out there want to
> enlighten me?

Its possible to setup SQL Server 7.0 in such a fashion as to only allow
logins from connections that are authrozied using NTLM.
(Windows authentication mechanism). However, this isn't the default
setting.

NTLM authentication is (IIRC) what Samba uses to connect itself to
Windows file shares.

Of course, FreeTDS doesn't know how to use NTLM authentication at all yet,
and even if it did I have no clue if the wrapper APIs you use. (DBLib,
ctlib) allow you the flexability of specifying a nondefault authentication
mechanism.

Bill