[Community_studios] RE: [DMCA_Discuss] BBC E-mail: Amnesty for Russia's net pirates

Erik Sliman Erik.Sliman at OpenStandards.net
Mon May 27 02:35:16 EDT 2002

Very ONTOPIC!  Great quotes!

If only it were JUST a song lyric, or the basis of some good fiction.
Unfortunately, the criminalization of natural behavior is inevitable when
everyone is content so long as it's hitting the guy on the other side of
town.

Someone who holds a high standard of morality that defies human nature
(i.e., faith in Jesus Christ) should not be deceived into thinking we can
change our nature through the law.  This, to anyone who has read and
believes the New Testament, is impossible.

Therefore, even those with the highest standards should be against using the
law to throw the stones, lest one day the stones come back to hit the stone
throwers, or those too apathetic to oppose the stone throwing.

Of course, knowing that the stone makers are funded to craft stones that
force the people to give up income and control of ideas to the information
captivators doesn't give this trend a more palatable texture.  Is the love
of money truly the root of all evil?

Erik
"More than just a number, I am a human being!"