[Commons-research] Quantification analysis of Australian domain webharvests held by the National Library of Australia

Alek Tarkowski alek at creativecommons.pl
Tue May 20 02:28:36 EDT 2008

Giorgos Cheliotis wrote:
> Ben, any news on this one? My feeling is it may be hard to generalize
> some findings beyond Australia, since what you are doing is a form of
> convenience sampling, but it would be interesting to look at the
> outcome of this, and I find all of the objectives you have listed in
> your email to be relevant.
Dear all,

I agree that generalization might be difficult or impossible. But it
would be a start for just as important comparative studies - and a
possibility to test the approximations achieved through search engine
queries against a benchmark based on real numbers (assuming that the
crawl is indeed exhaustive).

Best,

Alek

--