[Chtechcomm] Tomorrow night - CH Tech Committee Meeting

Evelyn Daniel daniel at ils.unc.edu
Tue Apr 18 10:38:54 EDT 2006

Dear Aris and Jane and all,

I'm sorry you two won't be with us for our possibly final meeting. the
suggestions from Aris about the committee are very good.  Does anyone else
want to put forth some ideas about what worked, what didn't, what we're
proud of, what a future tech committee might do??

I'll add to what Aris has to say:

- Yes, limit the size to 7 or 8.  We did better work when we were smaller
and when everyone could be heard.
- Spend more time getting to know one another -- what we know, what we're
passionate about, what particular skills and abilities and past experiences
we bring to the committee
- Keep minutes.  This relates to Aris' suggestion of setting a process for
regular accountability for past recommendations.
- Use email or other form of electronic communications so ideas can be
considered and traded back and forth during the interval between meetings.
- I like Aris' suggestions about a public forum and considering ways to
solicit expertise from the community

What other ideas do folks have?

Evelyn

--On Monday, April 17, 2006 10:19 PM -0400 Aris Buinevicius