[Chtechcomm] Granicus not a good solution

Terri Buckner tbuckner at ibiblio.org
Wed Nov 16 12:13:10 EST 2005

Information on UNC's Open Video Project can be found at
http://www.open-video.org.

Seems to me like this issue is a recycling of the open standards
discussion we have had so many times over the past several years. I
would would encourage the town to treat video (all multimedia) files as
public documents/archives, even if the state does not require us to do so.

As most of you will recall, the Manager and the Mayor put us on notice
back in June that they don't consider what we submitted in April to be
an official technology plan. IMHO, getting that plan restructured and
officially submitted and received should be the #1 committee priority.
It could help us focus on issues like this and the one Will raised last
night while the infrastructure group works on wireless. I submitted a
draft one-pager back in July that I would like to see discussed at the
December meeting (if we have one).

Terri