[Chtechcomm] Petition to work with DEDC on wireless initiative

Terri Buckner tbuckner at ibiblio.org
Mon Jun 20 17:28:54 EDT 2005

Gregg,

Unless there have been private conversations going on, only one person
has expressed concern prior to your message and three others have said
to add their name to the petition. As you know, the suggestion for
sending this petition, under personal names rather than the full
committee, came from our council representative. He also suggested
asking the DEDC to submit a similar petition.

This has nothing to do with bypassing committee approval, undercutting
teamwork, or not including new members. This is expediting a benign
process and working within established town practices. If we act now and
submit this with the agenda package by tomorrow noon, the manager will
have the option of including this as part of the consent agenda and it
won't take up the council's time on their last meeting of the
year--which will be quite full of budget and other year end issues.

I fully support democracy and collaboration. But we are a committee that
meets once a month so we also need to be flexible, especially when there
is no cost and much benefit and the action is recommended by our council
representative.

Terri