[Chtechcomm] Petition to work with DEDC on wireless initiative

Steve Irving wsirving at morgancreek.net
Mon Jun 20 11:47:57 EDT 2005

Terri.

While I support the TC's strategic goals related to municipal internet
connectivity, including wireless, and generally understand and support the
Northside/Pine Knolls issue recently referred to us by Council, I can't
support the general approach, nor the specific language and timing of the
memo to Council you have drafted.

I believe that we will have an opportunity to explore this issue with the
Mayor, Manager, Staff and any Councilmembers present at our meeting
tomorrow, and to have questions regarding what we are authorized to do
answered directly. We will also have an opportunity to learn the Mayor's
view regarding the DEDC effort, as he is also a member of that board, and
possibly to obtain viewpoints from additional Councilmembers regarding
municipal wireless (and wired??) internet access.

If, after these discussions, a petition to Council is in order, there should
be sufficient time to present it as a Committee action for their 6/27
meeting, either via agenda or from the floor.

Steve