[Chtechcomm] Sending email to the Technology Committee

Terri Buckner tbuckner at ibiblio.org
Sun Jun 19 16:39:33 EDT 2005

Dear Council Members,

Last week Edith tried to send a message to the Technology Committee but
since she is not subscribed to the list, it had to be approved by Gregg
or I before it was delivered. I didn't know until today that having her
email held was a frustration for her. With the listserv software used by
ibiblio, we can set it up so that you can all send us messages without
having to be subscribed. There are two profiles.

1. subscriber which means you send AND receive all messages
distributed to the list.
2. filtered name which means you can send messages but DON'T receive all
the others. In other words, you can send us announcments, instructions,
etc. but will not automatically be included in the ensuing discussion.

If you would like to have a filter set up on your name/address, please
send a message to:

chtechcomm at lists.ibiblio.org

from the email account you normally use. You will get a message back
that says your message is being held. You can simply discard that
message. When I get the notice that you have tried to send a message, I
will set you up on the filter. After that, you will be able to send
messages without any intervention by Gregg or I. And you won't get any
of the other messages that go through the listserv.

Of course, we would be happy for you to subscribe to the list if that is
your preference. But I should warn you that it is a list with a lot of
traffic.

Should the Town decide it wants to install our its listserv software, we
will need to discuss all the features the Town wants--such as this
filtering option.

Terri