[Chtechcomm] Agenda for June 21 Technology Committee Meeting

Terri Buckner tbuckner at ibiblio.org
Fri Jun 17 14:41:26 EDT 2005

Sorry I forgot something.

There are also some mechanical aspects to this problem. For example, a
couple of months ago I proposed a petition to Council to require
additional conduit (for future fiber) be laid whenever a road, sidewalk,
or greenway was put under construction. If the committee had chosen to
pursue that petititon, we would have submitted it to Council. Council
would then have forwarded it to staff (if they thought it had merit).
Staff would have studied it and if they felt it had merit they would
have proposed a resolution for council to vote on. So the mechanical
issue is creating something in the form that council can vote on
(petition/resolution/further study).

What I am not clear on is how this would translate into the technology
plan. If we had the manager's endorsement when we submitted it to
council, would we have submitted it with a petition? Something else we
need to have clarified unless someone on the committee knows.

Terri