[Chtechcomm] Agenda for June 21 Technology Committee Meeting

Gregg Gerdau ggerdau at intelor.com
Fri Jun 17 08:16:53 EDT 2005

Good Morning,

The agenda for our regular meeting on Tuesday evening was posted on the
Town's web site here
<http://www.townofchapelhill.org/ABC/agendas/technologyagenda.htm> . The
text of the agenda is coped below, for your convenience. I understand that
several other Council Members, including Mark Kleinschmidt, may also attend.
This promises to be a most informative meeting and I trust you will be able
to attend (I know Brandon Perkins is away on business).

As I mentioned in yesterday's preview message, I would like to know your
thoughts on what you would like to learn from the Mayor and Manager in
advance, as I prepare a brief introductory message. This is "listen and
learn time" to help achieve our Committee's mission and purposes.

-Gregg
  _____

Town of Chapel Hill

Chapel Hill Technology Committee Regular Meeting

Tuesday, June 21, 2005
5:30 -7:00 p.m.
Town Hall Training Room

1.	Additions to Agenda - Chair (2 min)

2.	Recognition of citizens present to discuss items not on Agenda -
Chair (3 min)

3.	Introduction of new Committee Members - Chair (3 min)

*	Martha Hoylman

*	Allan Polak

*	Brian Russell

*	David Lewis

4.	Recognition of Ralph Beisner's reappointment for a second 3-year
term - Chair (1 min)

5.	Introduction of Mayor Kevin Foy, Council Member Mark Kleinschmidt
and Town Manager Cal Horton - Chair (40 min)

*	Introduction of current committee members present - Chair

*	Discussion with Mayor and Manager regarding their view of Technology
Committee's role in Town Government - Chair

6.	Approval of May 17, 2005 Meeting minutes - Chair (3 min)

7.	Report from Staff - Bob Avery (10 min)

*	Budget Progress Update

*	Update on Open Source Pilot Project

*	Status of the CivicPlus Web Project

8.	Smart Card presentation by CH Parking Services - Brenda Jones (15
min)

9.	Mayor and Council's referral for a follow-up report by the Manager
and Technology Committee of a citizen's recommendation to create a wireless
Internet access environment in the Northside neighborhood and make old
computers available for use by persons who otherwise would not have access
to computers and the Internet. - Chair (8 min)

10.	Other Business added to agenda - Chair (5 min)