[Chtechcomm] UNC Listserv Archive

Evelyn Daniel daniel at ils.unc.edu
Wed Aug 31 11:38:44 EDT 2005

Terri and all,

The issues surrounding our email archive wherein we seem to have recently
begun worrying about preservation and access to historical records are an
immediate example for us of the much larger problem of preservation and
access and records management generally for Chapel Hill -- and for all
municipalities and businesses in general.

We backed into a really important issue.  Our own experience will help us
understand the broader issue better.  If we can develop a workable solution
for our small committee, it may have application to other groups.  There's
a parallel here to our use of the listserv and the open meetings issue.

Evelyn

--On Tuesday, August 30, 2005 10:23 PM -0400 Terri Buckner