[Cc-uk] CC licensing by minors

Jonathan Mitchell website3 at jonathanmitchell.info
Tue Mar 21 08:02:29 EST 2006

A quick reply, and I promise to give a fuller one!

1. Age: In Scots law, if 16 or over, no problem; if 15 or under, probably no
problem, but ideally should have a parental consent. Age of Legal Capacity
Act 1991 as amended.

2. Contract or not: differs from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but a CC
licence is a contract in Scotland; see explanation at
http://creativecommons.org.uk/?n=Scotland.Draftlicence .

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Mitchell QC

Work telephone/mobile: 0773 963 9343
Faculty internal mobile extension: 3349
Fax to laptop: 0870 124 8222
Business address: Advocates Library, Parliament House, Edinburgh EH1 1RF,
Scotland
DX ED 549302, Edinburgh 36; Legal Post LP3, Edinburgh 10

Website: http://www.jonathanmitchell.info

Home address: 30 Warriston Crescent, Edinburgh EH3 5LB, Scotland.
Home telephone: 0131 557 0854.

This message, and any attachments, may contain legally privileged material
and are confidential to the intended recipient.

Please note that my clerk is Iain Murray; tel. 0131 260 5697; fax 0131 220
2654; e-mail murraystable at advocates.org.uk . Instructions as counsel should
unless otherwise notified be channelled via him.