[Cc-uk] speaker at JISC funded study into community image collections, Oxford 7&8 July

CLIC clic at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Jun 28 11:48:00 EDT 2005

Hi,

You may have been contacted recently by my colleague Peter Robinson. We
are looking for someone to speak at a two day workshop in the centre of
Oxford next week.
We would like a short 20 min talk on Thursday 7 July, and a slightly
longer (30 min) talk on Friday 8 July.
We would be able to pay the speaker for their time - give me a call to
chat about fees (01865 283400).

The audience will be people who are interested in creating online image
collections for use in education.

The first talk should be very light weight, introducing the concept of
creative commons to an audience that will very likely be unfamiliar
with rights issues. You could mention Flickr, and how that uses CC
licences for images.
The second day would be a bit more in depth, and would lead into a
discussion with some people who are better informed about rights
management.

There will be discussions on both days, and these will feed into a
report that will be submitted to JISC <http://jisc.ac.uk/>.
The workshop will be a good opportunity to publicise the creative
commons movement to an academic and librarian based audience.

For details of the workshop please see
<http://clic.oucs.ox.ac.uk/events/>

I hope you can help us out on this.

thanks

Jonathan

Jonathan Miller
Learning Technologies Group
Oxford University Computing Services
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN. Tel +44 (0)1865 283400