[Cc-uk] CC going mad?

Rob Myers robmyers at mac.com
Wed Jun 22 07:14:36 EDT 2005

On Wednesday, June 22, 2005, at 11:47AM, Jonathan Mitchell <website3 at jonathanmitchell.info> wrote:

>Shouldn't
>these comments be posted on one of the international mailing lists they do
>read, probably "Community" at http://creativecommons.org/discuss#community ?

cc-community would be the place, yes. Or if people want to contact someone directly at CCHQ, Neeru's email is on the press release.

>And CC HQ is hardly known for this style of humour!

"Alas, them's the breaks for free culture for now." doesn't sound entirely serious. And the download page has a thorough explanation of how copyright overkill featured in making the work. So I do think it is intended as a humorous (or at least ironic) and educational exercise.

- Rob.