[Cc-uk] CC going mad?

David M. Berry d.berry at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Jun 22 05:21:08 EDT 2005

Ok. It gets worse.

If you download and listen to the track (and I thoroughly recommend
that you do not) it is quite simply the most appallingly sung,
arranged and produced waste of time and effort I can possibly
imagine. It is really really bad. Unlistenably bad. Surely their are
enough free culture people into writing good music not to produce a,
and I quote, 'techno' version. Techno, to my understanding, does not
usually signal crap (although I am not particularly a techno fan
myself). It is certainly not an excuse to put rubbish like this out -
that they then ask people to pay for!

This feels like a really bad office joke. It feels cliquey, sounds
like it was recorded on someones office desktop computer in Microsoft
Office OneNote 2003 and mixed in the lunch-break.  Somewhere, someone
in CC should have looked at it and said no way.