[Cc-uk] Proposed 'CC in the UK' website

Cory Doctorow cory at eff.org
Sun Jun 12 11:28:29 EDT 2005

It looks like a good basic structure. The major changes I'd recommend
are:

1. A one-sentence explanatory note about the CC-EW and CC-S licenses
("Scotland and England/Wales have slightly different copyright
systems, which meant that we needed a license for each, however each
license accomplishes the same end." or similar)

2. More friendly graphics, as with the creativecommons.org site,
linking to the CC Flash movies that explain the project, so that a
casual visitor is one obvious click away from a simple, singing,
dancing explanation.

Thanks!

Cory

On Jun 12, 2005, at 4:01 PM, Jonathan Mitchell wrote:

> A proposed site is up for comments at http://www.kunika.com/ccuk/?
> n=CCUK.About .
>
> Any comments/suggestions/additions/corrections/criticisms?
>
> Jonathan
> --
> Jonathan Mitchell QC
>
> Work telephone/mobile: 0773 963 9343
> Faculty internal mobile extension: 3349
> Fax to laptop: 0870 124 8222
> Business address: Advocates Library, Parliament House, Edinburgh
> EH1 1RF, Scotland
> DX ED 549302, Edinburgh 36; Legal Post LP3, Edinburgh 10
>
> Website: http://www.jonathanmitchell.info
>
> Home address: 30 Warriston Crescent, Edinburgh EH3 5LB, Scotland.
> Home telephone: 0131 557 0854.
>
> This message, and any attachments, may contain legally privileged
> material and are confidential to the intended recipient.
>
> Please note that my clerk is Iain Murray; tel. 0131 260 5697; fax
> 0131 220 2654; e-mail murraystable at advocates.org.uk . Instructions
> as counsel should unless otherwise notified be channelled via him.

Cory Doctorow
European Affairs Coordinator, Electronic Frontier Foundation
cory at eff.org
www.eff.org

UK: +44.798.607.2869
Unit 306