[Cc-uk] Academics are not free either...

Christian Ahlert christian.ahlert at oii.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 28 17:23:09 EDT 2005

David

Yes, its true almost all universities, I am aware of, have chosen to
put into their employment contracts that they own their employees
intellectual work. Most, if not all, academics are not aware of this
undifferentiated approach to copyright. Isn't it a stunning observation
that technically every time an academic publishes something he should
seek permission from the university?

It highlights, once again, how strange the law has become. It seems
perfectly reasonable to me to start getting academics together to
publicly challenge this untenable situation.

Best
--Ch