[Cc-uk] Re: Changing your mind...

Dr Tim Brookes T.Brookes at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 17:46:37 EDT 2005

On 26 Apr 2005, at 17:47, Damian.Rafferty at Culture.gsi.gov.uk wrote:
> I have just spoken to someone in Admissions at PRS who said that they
> have never refused to collect on behalf of someone because of this nor
> would they envisage doing so.

That's good.  When I joined PRS, the membership agrement required me to
transfer the performing right in all my works to PRS, and to warrant
that I had full power to transfer it.  If, when I was joining, I'd
already licensed that right for an interminable period to everyone in
the world, I'd be very doubtful about the extent of my legal power to
then transfer it to PRS.  Maybe the situation's changed now, or maybe
I'm just paranoid.  I hope so.

Certainly, as an existing member, I cannot license any of my works
under CC.  Obligation 4a of the agreement that I signed says that I
will "refrain from licensing any of the rights and from otherwise
dealing with the rights".  It really is pretty exclusive.

Tim.