[Cc-south-caucasus] Armenia_New CC Licenses_5+1

Catharina Maracke catharina at creativecommons.org
Mon May 11 04:30:40 EDT 2009

Dear Movses,

dear all,

My sincere apologies for taking so long to get back to you. Thank you
so much for your patience. I have reviewed all documents which look
really good to me - thank you very much for all your time and effort
on this project. There are just some minor questions, I would like to
clarify before we move forward and work on the xhtml formatting.

Please note, that the comments below are only questions and
suggestions for the English files. Since the Armenian version will be
the final one, I encourage you to work very carefully in both
languages, so that we are all on the same page regarding the English
retranslation and - more importantly - the Armenian licenses are
correct.

BY:

* License Grant: Waiver for sui generis database right is listed in a
separate numeration whereas in some other licenses (e.g. BY-NC), this
section is part of the last sentence of section 3. Please make sure
that this is consistent with all six licenses.

*Section 4d): Moral Rights language is not what we agreed on?

BY-NC:

*In Preamble refers to the term "Work" whereas the BY and BY-NC-SA
licenses refer to the "Rights of the Licensor with respect to his /
work.... "?

*License Grant: Last sentence should be amended to reflect NC
structure? See last sentence of section 3) in US NY-NC:

All rights not expressly granted by Licensor are hereby reserved,
including but not limited to the rights set forth in Sections 4(d) and
4(e).

*Section 4c) reference should be 3a) instead of 3b) ("...consistent
with section 3b,...")

*See above: Moral Rights language is not what we agreed on?

BY-NC-ND:

*see above: Preamble refers to the term "work" again?

*see above: License Grant: Last sentence should be amended to reflect
NC structure? See last sentence of section 3) in US NY-NC-ND.

*see above: Moral Rights language is not what we agreed on?

BY-ND:

*see above: Preamble refers to the term "work" again?

*see above: License Grant: Waiver for sui generis database right is
listed in a separate numeration whereas in some other licenses (e.g.
BY-NC), this section is part of the last sentence of section 3. Please
make sure that this is consistent with all six licenses.

*Restrictions: section 4c): Clarification for sui generis database
right refers to section 4a) but not to section 4b)?

*see above: Moral Rights language is not what we agreed on?

BY-SA:

*Section 1b): definition of "Creative Commons Compatible license"
needs to include a reference a reference to the "unported" license as
well, see language in the US BY-SA:

"Creative Commons Compatible License" means a license that is listed
at http://creativecommons.org/compatiblelicenses that has been
approved by Creative Commons as being essentially equivalent to this
License, including, at a minimum, because that license: (i) contains
terms that have the same purpose, meaning and effect as the License
Elements of this License; and, (ii) explicitly permits the relicensing
of derivatives of works made available under that license under this
License or either a Creative Commons unported license or a Creative
Commons jurisdiction license with the same License Elements as this
License.

*Restrictions: section 4c): Clarification for sui generis database
right refers to section 4a) and 4b) but not to section 4c)?

*see above: Moral Rights language is not what we agreed on?

Most of my comments refer to more than license, but I have listed them
repeatedly since I thought it might be easier to follow up and use
this E-Mail as some kind of "check list". Please let me know if I am
missing anything or if you have any questions or concerns.

Once again, thank you very much for all your time on this. I am very
much looking forward to seeing the licenses going live!!

Best regards,

Catharina

Dr. Catharina Maracke
catharina at creativecommons.org