[cc-sampling] attribution

mark / negativland markhosler at bellsouth.net
Tue May 10 03:33:15 EDT 2005

> From: Sam Stephens <sam at postmoderncore.com>
> Date: 2005/05/09 Mon PM 08:12:04 EDT
> To: cc-sampling at lists.ibiblio.org
> Subject: [cc-sampling] attribution
>
> It's great to see that there's CC licenses to allow sampling, and no
> surprise to see Negativland behind it.
>
> I notice that all the licenses require attribution though - however I
> think it'd be nice to have a license that allows people to sample
> without attribution.

I agree! I was never totally comfortable with making this a "rule". In general, in our own work we try to
list who we  sample from, but I think it really ought to be a personal ( and encouraged) preference, but
not a pre-requsite to using this licence.

And we also have the same practical probelm where we simply dont know wher eall our material
comes from!

mark

Certainly I have pieces where if I attributed every